Entrance test results will be sent out week commencing 18th October
APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2022 ENTRY
The closing date/deadline for online, test registrations has now passed – 4pm, 8 July 2021.
The Year 7 application portal for September 2022 admissions is now closed. No applications can be made at this time. The applications portal will re-open on 1st November for LATE Applications, please refer to our Admissions Arrangements for more information.
All late applications will receive a ‘late applications form’ allowing you to state the reason for the late application. This will be considered by the Governors to determine if it is considered exceptional, or not. By definition, most reasons will not be exceptional. These candidates will be tested in our late test which will take place in March 2022. Girls who perform well in the late test will still have the opportunity to be allocated a place at the school from our waiting list so we encourage you to apply and to put us on your LA CAF form in October. Please refer to the Admission Arrangements below for further explanation.
Please note that the consortium of grammar schools in Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton has agreed the Entrance Test will not be re-arranged for candidates involved in pre-planned activities, such as school trips or residentials, on the Test date.
To be considered for a place at Queen Mary’s High School, parents must:
1. Apply to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
2. Complete a separate application to their home Local Authority listing Queen Mary’s High School as a preference
3. To be considered for a place at Queen Mary’s High School prospective students MUST sit the Entrance Test
1. Application to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
Applications must be made via the Consortium’s online applications portal. This will be made available in April 2021
2. Taking the Entrance Test
The Entrance Test will take place on one day of 18th. Date will be confirmed in the invitation test letter which will be sent to your home address early September.
The Test comprises two papers of about an hour each, which assess verbal reasoning/English, non-verbal reasoning, and mathematics. Admission to the School is based on performance in the Test. A number of places will be allocated to Looked After / Pupil Premium children, whose scores exceed a minimum qualifying score. Further details can be found in our Admissions Arrangements.
3. Applications to your home Local Authority Applications
Applications to the Local Authority need to be completed in accordance with your home Local Authority’s application process. This may be online or by completing their Preference/Common Application Form. We expect the deadline for parent applications to their home Local Authority to be on or around 31st October 2021. Places are allocated by parents’ home Local Authority, on or around 1st March 2022. Parents must check their own Local Authority’s deadlines.
The timetable for admissions in September 2022 is as follows:
• Application forms and admissions arrangements available – from April 2021
• Open events will be arranged as and when it is safe to do so
• Closing date for applications to the School to sit the Test – Friday 8 July 2021 at 4.00pm
• Entrance Test day – 18th September 2021
• Test results posted to parents – Early October 2021
• Parents must complete their Local Authority application – 31 October 2021 (please check)
All dates will be confirmed later in the year. Please do not call the School as details will be published when available and parents should check the website in April 2021