APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2021 ENTRY
ONTIME APPLICATIONS – Please refer to updated statement above
All candidates who applied before the 3rd July 2020 deadline will receive a letter at the beginning of September 2020 with details of the test day. The test will be held on Monday 14th September – if you have not received your letter by Tuesday 8th September 2020 please telephone the school.
There are 150 places for girls at Queen Mary’s High School for entry to Year 7 in September 2021. Admission is based on the results of the School’s Entrance Test. We administer the Test as part of a Consortium of grammar schools in Shropshire, Walsall & Wolverhampton. The test will be held on Monday 14th September 2020.
Please note that the consortium of grammar schools in Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton has agreed the Entrance Test will not be re-arranged for candidates involved in pre-planned activities, such as school trips or residentials, on the Test date.
To be considered for a place at this School, parents / their daughters must complete the following:
1. Parents must apply to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
2. Girls must sit the Entrance Test
3. Parents must complete a separate application to their home Local Authority listing Queen Mary’s High School as a preference
1. Application to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
Applications must be made via the Consortium’s online applications portal. This will be made available in April 2020
2. Taking the Entrance Test
The Entrance Test will take place on 14th September 2020
The Test comprises two papers of about an hour each, which assess verbal reasoning/English, non-verbal reasoning, and mathematics. Admission to the School is based on performance in the Test. A number of places will be allocated to Looked After / Pupil Premium children, whose scores exceed a minimum qualifying score. Further details can be found in our Admissions Arrangements.
3. Applications to your home Local Authority Applications
Applications to the Local Authority need to be completed in accordance with your home Local Authority’s application process. This may be online or by completing their Preference/Common Application Form. We expect the deadline for parent applications to their home Local Authority to be on or around 31st October 2020. Places are allocated by parents’ home Local Authority, on or around 1st March 2021. Parents must check their own Local Authority’s deadlines.
Timetable – This is now amended please refer to updated statement above
The timetable for admissions in September 2021 is as follows:
• Application forms and admissions arrangements available – from April 2020
• Open evening – Thursday 23 April 2020 – Cancelled due to Corona Virus
• Closing date for applications to the School to sit the Test – Friday 3 July 2020
• Entrance Test day – Monday 14 September 2020
• Test results posted to parents – Early October 2020
• Parents must complete their Local Authority application – 31 October 2020 (please check)
All dates will be confirmed later in the year. Please do not call the School as details will be published when available and parents should check the website in April 2020
Extended Familiarisation Materials:
- _2020 Comprehension Familiarisation Sheet
- _2020 Word Choice Familiarisation Sheet
- _2020 Maths Familiarisation Sheet
- _2020 NVR Familiarisation Sheet
LATE APPLICATIONS – Please refer to updated statement above
The deadline for applications to sit our entrance test for September 2021 entry Friday 3rd July 2020. All applications made after this time are considered “late” as defined in our Admissions Arrangements.
Parents may still apply for their daughter to sit our test by completing the online application. The online application form will be reopened from 26th July 2020.
All late applications will receive a ‘late applications form’ allowing you to state the reason for the late application. This will be considered by the Governors to determine if it is considered exceptional, or not. By definition, most reasons will not be exceptional. These candidates will be tested in our late test which will take place in March 2021. Girls who perform well in the late test will still have the opportunity to be allocated a place at the school from our waiting list so we encourage you to apply and to put us on your LA CAF form in October. Please refer to the Admission Arrangements below for further explanation.