Physical Education at Queen Mary’s aims to:
- Provide opportunities for all students to enjoy participation in sport and exercise.
- Teach all students the values and benefits of exercise.
- Develop personal qualities (e.g. determination, concentration, self discipline, confidence, teamwork, etc.).
- Provide each individual with the opportunity to reach their full athletic and sporting potential.
- Encourage lifelong activity in sport and exercise.
PE Criteria for awarding colours
The school also competes in Walsall school leagues in netball, rounders and athletics.
PE Teacher’s Perspective
“I was inspired to teach Physical Education by my own, positive, school experiences and love of sport.
Seeing the enjoyment and satisfaction experienced by each student through their personal success in PE keeps me highly motivated as a teacher. I feel proud when I see a skill ‘click’ in the minds of my students, when the weeks of practice have paid off.
I hope that my students feel the gratification that sport can give and feel encouraged to participate in activities outside of school.I love to teach PE to inspire pupils to learn, through the passion for sport that I possess.”