School Year 2019-2020
Admission is based on the results of the School’s Entrance Test. We administer the Test as part of a Consortium of grammar schools in Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton. The Test will be held on Monday 17th September 2018.
Please note: The consortium of grammar schools in Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton has agreed that the Entrance Test for 2019-2020, will NOT be re-arranged for candidates who are engaged in pre-planned activities, such as school trips, on the test date.
To be considered for a place at this School, parents/their daughters must complete the following:
- Parents must apply to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
- Girls must sit the Entrance Test
- Parents must complete a separate application to their home Local Authority listing Queen Mary’s High School as a preference
1. Application to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
Applications must be made via the Consortium’s online applications portal. This will be made available in April 2018.
2. Taking the Entrance Test
The Entrance Test will take place on Monday 17th September 2018.
The Test comprises two papers of about an hour each, which assess verbal reasoning/English, non-verbal reasoning and mathematics. Admission to the School is based on performance in the Test. A number of places will be allocated to Looked After/Pupil Premium children, whose scores exceed a minimum qualifying score. Further details can be found in our Admissions Arrangements (see below).
3. Applications to your home Local Authority Applications
Applications to the Local Authority need to be completed in accordance with your home Local Authority’s application process. This may be online or by completing their Preference/Common Application Form. We expect the deadline for parent applications to their home Local Authority to be on or around 31st October 2018. Places are allocated by parents’ home Local Authority, on or around 1st March 2019. Parents must check their own Local Authority’s deadlines.
The provisional timetable for admissions in September 2019 is as following:
- Application forms and admissions arrangements available from April 2018
- Open evening – 26th April 2018
- Closing date for applications to the School to sit the Test – Friday 6th July 2018
- Entrance Test day – Monday 17th September 2018
- Test results posted to parents – October 2018 (date to be confirmed)
- Parents must complete their Local Authority application – 31st October 2018 (please check)
Please choose from the following menu:
Queen Mary’s High School Admission Arrangements 2020 – 2021
Link to Admissions page
Admissions leaflet for Sept 2019 entry
Online Application form for entry to Year 7 September 2019