There are 150 places for girls at Queen Mary’s High School for entry to Year 7 in September 2020. Admission is based on the results of the School’s Entrance Test. We administer the Test as part of a Consortium of grammar schools in Shropshire, Walsall & Wolverhampton. The test will be held on Monday 16 September 2019.
Please note that the consortium of grammar schools in Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton has agreed the Entrance Test will not be re-arranged for candidates involved in pre-planned activities, such as school trips or residentials, on the Test date.
To be considered for a place at this School, parents / their daughters must complete the following:
1. Parents must apply to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
2. Girls must sit the Entrance Test
3. Parents must complete a separate application to their home Local Authority listing Queen Mary’s High School as a preference
1. Application to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test
Applications must be made via the Consortium’s online applications portal. This will be made available in April 2019
2. Taking the Entrance Test
The Entrance Test will take place on 16 September 2019
The Test comprises two papers of about an hour each, which assess verbal reasoning/English, non-verbal reasoning, and mathematics. Admission to the School is based on performance in the Test. A number of places will be allocated to Looked After / Pupil Premium children, whose scores exceed a minimum qualifying score. Further details can be found in our Admissions Arrangements.
3. Applications to your home Local Authority Applications
Applications to the Local Authority need to be completed in accordance with your home Local Authority’s application process. This may be online or by completing their Preference/Common Application Form. We expect the deadline for parent applications to their home Local Authority to be on or around 31st October 2019. Places are allocated by parents’ home Local Authority, on or around 1st March 2020. Parents must check their own Local Authority’s deadlines.
The timetable for admissions in September 2020 is as follows:
• Application forms and admissions arrangements available – from April 2019
• Open evening – Thursday 4 April 2019
• Closing date for applications to the School to sit the Test – Friday 5 July 2019
• Entrance Test day – Monday 16 September 2019
• Test results posted to parents – October 2019 (date to be confirmed)
• Parents must complete their Local Authority application – 31 October 2019 (please check)
All dates will be confirmed later in the year. Please do not call the School as details will be published when available and parents should check the website in April 2019